Friday, June 05, 2020

BLACK OUT FRIDAY

Try holding your breath for a whopping eight minutes and 46 seconds.

I tried, this morning, while meditating. I set the timer for 8 minutes and 46 seconds and held my breath and I am embarrassed to say I lasted only a mere 46 seconds. I felt totally panicked.

I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE WHAT George Floyd endured -- eight more minutes of absolute torture.


I sit here on BLACKOUT FRIDAY in the peace and quiet of my study looking out the window at the boulders and the rock wall and all the beautiful trees.

BUT I WANT TO SHOUT FROM EVERY MOUNTAIN TOP EVERY TALL BUILDING EVERYWHERE:

WE HAVE HEARD THE VOICES OF ALL THOSE MILLIONS WHO DEMAND THAT JUSTICE BE SERVED.

Please, God, let it be swift. AND LIFT UP THE ALL THE MOTHERS AND CHILDREN AND FATHERS AND DAUGHTERS AND SONS AND GRANDPAS AND GRANDMAS AND AUNTS AND UNCLES AND MAY THERE FINALLY BE AN END TO THIS OPPRESSION.

I saw the photos of the four cops who have been charged with his murder in The New York Times this morning. Going forward, may their lives be a lesson over and over and over again.





No comments: