Friday, March 19, 2021

Hawks Soaring Overhead and Hooting with Owls!


My dear friend Kellie Meisl was taking a walk a few days ago when she realized that a hawk was circling overhead. Then she realized there were three hawks! She stopped and snapped this photo. Kellie keeps an amazing blog at https://meditativewalking.blogspot.com. If you visit her blog, you will see a marvelous video in which she becomes an "Owl Whisperer!":

She writes: 

OWL WHISPERER


I've been communicating with Owls. This is a clip of one of our conversations:


"On a hike a couple of months ago now, I heard an owl hooting so I hooted back. To my surprise it came to me, a Barred Owl, I saw it as it swooped in silently landing in a nearby tree. At the time I wasn't able to snap a shot of it, as it was obscured by the evergreen. 

Then, on my late afternoon walks I began to hear the owl at the same time, and in the same location, So, one day I decided to hoot again and sure enough it came and alighted in a nearby tree. This time, it left me a feather."



No comments: