Monday, May 25, 2020

STAY THE MOMENT


RELAX exactly where you are
make everything possible of this
very minute. STAY IN IT STAY IN IT
become something
of a sloth, sunning on a rock.

Even when you feel pain,
heart, gut, shoulder, back, head
heart heart heart
just close your eyes be steady
picture it if you must
but most of all just hold the pain in your
senses and don't put any name
to it but FEEL IT FEEL IT FEEL IT.

Sitting on the couch, 
I light a candle and

STARE OUT TO THE MEADOW
feel the breath
cool air into the nostrils 
warm air out from the mouth 
cool and warm
breathe now
in slow slow slow slow
slow motion.

After so many minutes
breathing that way
I begin
to
move mindfully down
the hall
one foot after
another.

All I need is a mid-
afternoon snack with my
cherished cup of 
turmeric and cacao tea.
I try to drink it
as slowly
as the
honey
drips
from
the spoon
drop
by
drop
honey
onto my peanut butter
cracker that I eat
with my tea.

How blessed I am to
have an eternity of time

to drink my tea and coffee.
OH AND THE CRISP
OF MY CRACKER 
I LOVE THE
TINY SESAME
SEEDS PITTED AGAINST
MY TEETH
IN THE CREAMY
PEANUT BUTTER
thick on my tongue.

I am getting younger
all the time, more
and more focused
on experiencing
the world the
way my darling 
baby granddaughter
Dani sees and feels and
tastes it -- a blessed
moment at a time.




No comments: