Monday, October 19, 2020

THE MIRACLES OF THE PURPLE IRIS AND THE VIOLET CLEMATIS


Talk about miracles!

Here it is October 19th

with temps in the 30s and 40s,

and suddenly

Grandpa Angelo's irises 

bloomed 

TODAY!!!!!

And there are

several more

iris blossoms

coming.

And so too are the purple clematis

in bloom.

I was astonished.

And then yesterday,

I thought of something 

just awful

that my mother used to say to me

IN ITALIAN.

The expression

is so hurtful, so shaming.

so disgusting and abominable

that I didn't think I could write

about

it.

I was furious. I was

trembling with anger.

My husband was

furious too.

But he saw

the silver 

lining in the situation.

"Do you realize that this is another step in your healing journey? Writing this book has done wonders for you! The fact that this came out of your memory means you can handle so much more. This has been lurking in your subconscious forever!"

I thought of calling

Mary but it was

Sunday and I realized

I could handle the

DECONSTRUCTION

OF THIS

MISERABLE

EXPRESSION

ON 

MY OWN.

This morning, however,

I texted Mary.

I didn't tell her

what my

mother used to

say, but I told

her

was tapping

and deconstructing

and I wondered

if she had any

other recommendations.

She wrote back:

"Violet flames for you, for your mother and everyone in your ancestry."

And it was

only then 

that I realized

that the

IRIS 

LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE PURPLE FLAMES!

And the clematis is violet too.


So I am bathing

myself in

violet/purple flames.

And I am seeing

my mom bathed

in violet flames, too.

And suddenly

the shame feels

lifted. 

AND I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN GIVEN

A GIFT.

MANY MANY GIFTS,

Mary texted some more:

"Here it is October and gardens are turning brown and you get new purple iris and clematis -- they grow in the spring!!!!You are truly blessed!! Angels are with you for this great transformation and healing work."

And some more:

"I have the best job in the world -- I get to witness your miracles!! I am humbled and filled with gratitude. It's spring at the Ricci's!!!!!"

And speaking

of gifts.

Today happens to be

very very special for another reason:


my daughter Lindsay was born on this day in 1986.

And her sister, Jocelyn, was born on October 16, 1984.

THEY CELEBRATED BIRTHDAYS ALL WEEKEND.

I am humbled.

I am grateful.

And I can't wait to go outside

and do my yoga 



while staring at the iris and


the clematis

again

and 

again

and

again.

All

day

long.






5 comments:

Kathy Joy said...

Violet flames in the brittle, brown leaf season of Autumn! How can this be? A gift for you, and what a ride; what a read from fury to gratitude. I feel I am there looking at the irises and clematis with you!
Thank you for this declaration of dancing and basking and staring at a gift of purple.
Happy birthday to your daughters!
Today I will look for violet gifts and feel gladness with you.

Kathy Joy

Claudia R said...

Dear Kathy,

Speaking of gifts, your friendship is a huge gift, and I am so grateful for it! Having you along on the dancing journey that is this book (my head spins and spins) is such a thrill -- my heart is filled with hope and good spirit. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all that you do and for the incredible things you write. We are blessed to have them! xoxo Love, Claudia

Renee (Geel) Pettit said...

How wonderful, Claud. The gift of a miracle to reward your brave willingness to revisit and redefine hurtful moments into beauty and splendor. It's spring in the southern hemisphere, so maybe this is the big, wide earth speaking to you with love. I raise my cup of tea to your violet flames and to you, my friend.

With love,
Reen

Nancy Dunlop said...

Claudia, This shows such psychic momentum. And your ability to notice signs. Your intuition is well honed, at this point. Violet is also the color of the crown chakra. Very powerful energy can come from that chakra. Yoga, on Violet Lady!

xoxo,
Nancy Dunlop

Unknown said...

Eye Care