Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Our Bleeding Hearts


If I could,
I would lay
down beneath
the bleeding
heart and
stay that way
all day.
There I would
pray and pray
and feel the pain
of the aching world
and my own
suffering too
and that of
others who I love
and don't know
and I would
whisper
"ENOUGH,"
please God.
"ENOUGH."

And sometime
in the afternoon
it would rain
gently and
steadily
and
I would feel
it refreshing
on my
forehead
and I would
feel the pain
and suffering
of others
mothers left
widows
and kids
left
orphans
and somehow
all of it
all of
the
excruicating
black pain
would be
transmuted
into something
divine
and grand.
It would be
the GRACE
of GOD and
GOD would
see to it that
JUSTICE
IS SERVED
ON THOSE
VICIOUS
RACISTS
WHO RIP
THE HEARTS
OUT OF THE
INNOCENT.

GOD WOULD
SEE TO
PUNISHING
THOSE WHO
ARE GUILTY
of killing
and maiming
and endlless
other sins

AND GOD
WOULD
LEAVE the
rest of US
WITH LOVE
AND WE
would LOVE
LOVE AND
LOVE AND
we would
rise
above the
pain and
rejoice
from here
until
SUNSET.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of those times when someone else has concisely put my thoughts into writing -- elegant poetry at that.