Monday, January 10, 2011

On Top of the World with Italian Mountaineer Andrea Ceolan, in the Dolomites!



My Italian friend, Irma Setti, lives near Bolzano, Italy, near the "Dolomiti," (the Dolomites,) one of the most spectacular mountain ramges I've ever been. When we visited a few years ago, my husband and I took a hike we will never forget, stopping periodically along the way below the pointed snowy peaks at huts where the Italians serve wine and coffee and polenta and all sorts of other goodies. Talk about a civilized (and delightful) country, and a wonderful way to hike!

Irma and her husband, Elio Ceolan, have a son, Andrea (and Andrea's wife is named Claudia and she is expecting any day now!) Andrea is an avid mountaineer, skiing in winter, and hiking and biking the mountains in winter. He has posted the most spectacular photos of his skiing adventures on Facebook, and I am fortunate enough to be able to see his albums.

At a time when all of us can use a lift, these photos are remarkably inspiring and uplifting, and a gift to all of us!


Un milione di grazie, Andrea!


2 comments:

El yenkyy de Over the top said...

Hello, dear Claudia.........thank you for this unexpected surprise....

irma said...

Hi Claudia, I have a ceazy sun,but I am very happy to see the picture of Andrea on your blog.Grazie mille ciao Irma