Wednesday, January 01, 2020

All at Once


I stop and
drop inside
into silence
where energy
sensation
settles thick in my
arms and legs
abdomen back and torso.
And there I
stay feeling the
breath come in
And
outside the window
I see the grey
mottled clouds above
and thin patches of
white snow on the brown meadow.
How long it has
Taken me to
Understand
Really know
That the PRESENT MOMENT
Is simply the Now of ETERNITY.
When you see it
That way
You feel ever so
Briefly ever so
Much closer
To INFINITY.

And then you’re
Back in the old
Head and there
Is a runner in a
Turquoise sweatshirt
Moving quickly down
The road at the other
Side of that meadow.
Oh how I wish I could
Go running. Because
Of my knees I have begun
To walk, and today because
Of a wickedly thick  congestion
In my head I am
Holding forth on
The sofa.
JUST WATCHING.
Waiting.
So terribly excited.
That I might
be
PRESENT.
At
Any
MOMENT.

No comments: