Wednesday, January 06, 2021

CELEBRATING MIRACLES EVERYWHERE


TO THOSE OF YOU who have been reading my book this past year, you know that PAINTINGS HAVE HELPED in the healing, over and over again. AND NOW

TODAY,

here, HERE IF YOU WILL BARE WITH ME, I OFFER YOU a very famous painting by JMW Turner, an English Romantic painter and printmaker. Turner's painting, "Rockets and Blue Lights," dates back to 1840, but it looks like it could be a work of Impressionism. The painting hangs in the Clark Art Institute in Williamstown, MA. where my husband Rich and I visited last Saturday.

Today, I offer up "ROCKETS AND BLUE LIGHTS" in celebration of the stunning and amazing news of the Dem's win in Georgia last night. 

Peg Woods, my dearest writing buddy (and a phenomenal writer herself) who has shepherded this book along ever since DAY ONE keeps saying to me "Claud, you know you're writing a novel when absolutely everything that happens feels like it belongs in the book."

And now I see exactly what she means.  The Georgia election results have me back to 

believing in miracles,

and back to 

BELIEVING IN THIS BOOK which I have been writing since February 6, 2020. 

For the last month, ever since December 6, 2020, when I posted:

"Lady Bugs Visit in December While Mom and the ANGELS WHISPER IN MY EARS!"

I have been lost lost lost, not writing but worse than not writing

NOT BELIEVING in the book at all. And not believing in the miracles either.

The book devotes several chapters to these miracles, coincidences, or as my husband calls them, "COINKYDINKIES," or Godwinks.

MIRACLE AFTER MIRACLE I have documented

for years, right hear 

here in this blog.

But today I am back.

I say officially, 

I do indeed believe in the miracles that are regularly bestowed on me --

I actually keep a file on them in my computer, dating back to 1996, and it is now 45 pages long.

I am deeply deeply grateful for all of these miracles.

As I have been so deeply grateful ever since last

February when I started writing the book that I first called

"PEARLY EVERLASTING," which morphed into "HEAL LEAH LEAH HEAL" -- because it's a book all about healing --

But now, I am calling the book:

"ANGELS KEEP WHISPERING IN MY EARS."

It was once again Peg Woods who, after reading the most recent chapter, suggested  the title.

Which is kind of cool because I came up with the title for her fabulous first novel,

SPINNING WILL.


SOME OF YOU MIGHT BE SAYING

what the hell does this Democratic election victory have to do with this crazy book 

well I'll tell you

Reverand Raphael Gamaliel Warnock, a Black Baptist Minister, stunned the world by winning the US Senate seat in the special election in Georgia.

My husband Rich -- who has made it his life's work to study and champion progressive politics -- says "it is truly amazing that he won, he comes from the long tradition of Black Baptist ministers like Dr. King and Jessie Jackson, who were leaders in the Civil Rights movements."

And what surprised and delighted me when I learned it this morning, is Warnock's name: 

REVEREND RAPHAEL WARNOCK (WHO WAS CONGRESSMAN JOHN LEWIS'S PASTOR) is named after 

the ARCHANGEL RAPHAEL -- THE ANGEL OF

HEALING HEALING HEALING HEAR DID YOU HEAR THAT

HEALING? 

All year this book has been healing me and all month even as I wallowed in the UTTER wasteland, despairing over not writing, DENYING THE MIRACLES,

ALL THIS TIME I have been praying to Angels, because MARY my spiritual therapist encouraged me to do it, 

Mary has BEEN TELLING ME OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN "JUST CALL IN THE ANGELS, ask for divine intervention."

The other day she said "I see a stone altar in a dark forest and I see a bonfire and the book is blazing in the bonfire but it's not being destroyed and the smoke is rising up to a circle of your ancestors so that they too can read it," as they should since so many of my ancestors' stories appear in this book.

Yesterday,  JANUARY 5, 2021, I was writing in my new, newest of nine journals this year,


and i was in great GREAT despair over Trump and his wicked shenanigans of recent days. Yesterday I had gotten myself so worked up about Trump, I was convinced that he was going to try to execute some kind of a military coup

I was so frightened that when I spoke to Mary in the morning and told her, she said, "I don't want you listening to the news and I want you to tell people not to talk to you ABOUT TRUMP OR POLITICS at all!"

At 9:34 a.m. I wrote in my journal:

"Please let the Democrats win today! I am asking" FOR DIVINE INTERVENTION.

And at 9:35 a.m. Rich stepped into my studio where I was meditating, kneeling on my meditation bench, and praying. I told him how scared I was and he said, "Don't Worry!"

But I did worry, all day long, I worried and fretted and I walked 4 miles trying to stay calm (I have walked 40 miles since Christmas Eve.) And when CNN came on last night, I hid in the bedroom with a book and told RICH TO PLEASE TURN THE SOUND WAY DOWN, I didn't want to hear a word about the fucking Republicans and their disgusting behavior.

This morning, when i awoke to THE MIRACLE OF WARNOCK'S VICTORY my heart soared, it's A MIRACLE IN MY OWN HEART BUT IT IS TRULY and INCREDIBLY a miracle for

OUR ENTIRE NATION DESPERATE AS WE ARE FOR HEALTH AND BLESSINGS AND DIVINE INTERVENTION AFTER THE TRAGIC YEAR WE'VE HAD TO ENDURE

Like Biden and Harris, Reverend Warnock's victory comes as a big breath of fresh fresh air.

Oh, and his MIDDLE NAME IS

GAMALIEL, he is named for A FAMOUS JEWISH EDUCATOR: "the son of Simeon ben Hillel and grandson of the great Jewish teacher Hillel the Elder. Gamaliel is thought to have died in 52 A.D." (Wikipedia)

So Christians and Jews alike are free to celebrate this great victory.

This victory has given me the courage 

to celebrate THE MIRACLES OF THIS BOOK, 

"ANGELS KEEP WHISPERING IN MY EARS." 

NEWEST PAINTING, completed in November, 2020.


No comments: