Saturday, October 02, 2021

The God of Each Moment

Milky autumn sunshine

makes the goldenrod

in the meadow glow.


Silvery green leaves

on the branches

above my head

flickering and waving

steadily.

Grey little birds going

branch to branch to branch.


All this dawns on me

when I finally calm down

enough to notice.

These days it isn't easy

to relax. I spend a lot of

time trying to slow my

breath down to a crawl.

Today, it took my husband

laying a gentle hand on

my back to begin my

melting.


Then the chanting helps

because it gets me closer

to the God of each moment.

All I can do is write here

a thank you poem grateful

that I finally settled into the

slow.

Words once again are melting

and elevating me all at once.

Today I will be as calm as I can be.

Just keep coming back to the now.



No comments: