Thursday, August 20, 2020

Here is Another Miracle

In the category of miracles, or coinkydinkies, this is one of the most puzzling. I present it here just as it happened.

Three nights ago, I dreamed about having a hamster. Or maybe two.

All night long, I was looking for a home for the hamster. 

Was it going to be a dish of some sort? A box? 

A cage?

I woke up before I found the right place to keep my pet hamster. 

I didn't think much of it until I got to my sister Holly's later in the day.

I had gone to the nursery to buy my sister a Rose of Sharon. 


I did that because my dad adored that flower more than just about any other.

And August 15th marked the one year anniversary of Dad's passing.

Holly and I cried together thinking about Dad. And how much we miss him and Mom.

So that day, I presented Holly with a Rose of Sharon. She loved it.

And then she said, "Come with me, there's something I have for you."

And we went into the house and she went to her closet and came back with this:

A tiny hamster sitting in a rose.

She said, "It's for your meditation table. And I'm giving it to you because I love you."

I was speechless. My heart felt like it was going to melt.

I've always said my sister has psychic powers. That she is connected to Divine energy. That she calls me at very special moments. That she always pulls me toward miracles. 

Like the time at my Grandma Mish's funeral when she handed me the rhinestone heart. And then a rainbow appeared overhead.


Well, now, so I have a home for my hamster. In a rose, which is a symbol of love.

Thank you to my dear sister, whose tiny black statue sits near my meditation candle every morning.


No comments: