Thursday, July 02, 2020

Finding God in the Now

There is a tiny chipmunk right outside the window scurrying around the thick dark mulch in the new garden plot. I have not purchased any plants for this garden yet. But I know that it will eventually be a beautiful garden. There is something about the fact that it is carved out between three boulders. It is beautiful without flowers. It is something magical for me just to sit here, contemplating its outline. Studying its emptiness.

Sometimes it's hard to be in the moment. We have doubts, or anxieties, or disappointments or fears about the future or money or our health or the health of somebody we love. We feel lonely or longing or deep sadness over those we have lost. But if we can take a big breath and just stay with whatever these difficult feelings are, we can move into an amazing realization of life at its most basic level. We can begin to feel the UNIMAGINABLY POWERFUL ENERGY of the NOW. Eckert Tolle writes endlessly about the NOW. I've read and reread and reread his book. I've copied down quotes.

I just opened one of my recent journals and came to this Tolle quote:


page 130, The Power of Now

"When you can feel the inner body clearly as a single field of energy, let go, if possible, of any visual image and focus exclusively on one feeling. If you can, also drop any mental image of the physical body. ALL THAT IS LEFT IS AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING SENSE OF THE PRESENCE OR 'BEINGNESS,' and the inner body is felt to be without a boundary."

Tolle wants us to stay connected to that inner body at all times. "When every cell of your body is so present that it feels vibrant with life, and when you can feel that life every moment as the joy of BEING, then it can be said that you are free of time."

I can never say enough about the NOW. I try and I try and I try. I write all kinds of poetry and take a forever number of moment by moment photos. I say things like this: How cool the air feels on my skin. How dazzling the blue of the sky can be. How grateful I am that I can breathe. Think. Talk. Smile. Hear. Walk. See. Write. How grateful I am for all of this, and for all the love in my life. All the bounty of blessings.

Mary says it, over and over again. STAY GRATEFUL. STAY IN THE POWER OF THE DIVINE. STAY IN YOUR HEART. Because GOD IS LOVE.



I will keep trying to stay in the NOW. Because it is in the NOW that I encounter the unimaginably powerful force of the Universe. The Force of NOW we can call God.
No matter that I try and try
I cannot ever really be
completely
in the BEING
or can I?

Sitting here
in this exquisite
cool morning
MOMENT
in my
WHITE BATHROBE
and my writing nightgown**
just waiting for
another hummingbird
to come along.


**I ordered this grey nightgown 

on-line not realizing that the fabric was covered with "a few of my favorite things, including coffee, fireflies, climbing mountains, sleeping under the stars, and
MORNING MEDITATION!!!!"


No comments: